My friend Shade has emailed me instructions on how to download pictures to his desktop of actual footage from a Halo 3 game he played last night.
Basically what Shade did was...
- go to the Theater lobby
- look up recent films
- find the film you want to view, highlight it and Save it
- once it's saved, you can view the film
- while viewing it, you can use different controls to follow each player, or float the camera
- at any point you can freeze the movie and take a snapshot; also while moving the camera view, rotating, zooming, etc.
- once I had saved off some screenshots, I went to the File Share option
- from there, click a slot and select the screenshots to upload
- once they're uploaded, you can go to your profile on www.bungie.net and view your shared files; I dunno about movies, but for pix it gives you the option to download them.