Thursday, September 6, 2007

Stupid People Doing Stupid Things

Okay, we need a thread about how dumb some people are. Ever get the urge to throttle someone? I mean, ever see something and just feel like jumping out of your car with a bat, hammering someone's window in and screaming, "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?"

So I'm driving back from the store today, and I see a perfect example of a self-righteous bumper sticker. There's a mini-van in front of me, and it has a bumper sticker on it saying, "Safety First, No Cellphones!". It has a big picture of a cellphone in a circle with a line through it. Brilliant. The first thing that crossed my mind is...it's not cellphones that cause accidents, it's the stupid mental distraction of people too dumb to walk and chew bubblegum in the first place. And as I take a closer look through the back of the mini-van, I see a classic vision. The driver isn't using a cellphone (Safety First!). Oh no, no. Instead, the driver has their left arm leaning out of the window, holding a napkin wrapped donut, which they occasionally lean into to munch on. Oh yes, that's so much safer than a cellphone, you freakin' IDIOT!!!

Anyone else seen stupid people lately?

1 comment:

Author said...

Its always those people with the witty bumperstickers being stupid.

Speaking of bumperstickers--I pulled up behind some girl with a Hillary Clinton 08 bumpersticker at jack in the box at night. I drive a truck thats sits up kind of high so my headlights seem brighter to other cars. She must have thought i had my brights on because she starts waving her hands around and flipping my off in her rearview mirror. I then turned my brights and left them on for the remainder of our wait. I rolled my window and began laughing obnauctiously loud so that she and her boyfriend could hear me. Who would have thought, someone with a hillary sticker 1. dumb 2. cowards