Thursday, February 8, 2007

Wanna know why I bought a PS3?


Ok...Ok...it's been awhile since I lasted posted anything. Well allots happened since then; vacation...business...new PS3. Yep that's right I got a PS3 and I wanted to share my first hand experience with everyone.

The main reason I got the PS3 was for the blue-ray player @ $599 and considering most blue-ray players average around $1,000 I figured I got a steal. The blue-ray player is awesome; it loads fast, looks great, hdmi connections, and I can watch Disney & Sony titles that HD DVD doesn't have.

I bought Sony's answer to Gears of War, Resistance: Fall of Man. I heard from many highly respected game magazines that it was rated a 9.5 and in most cases tied with GOW. Well they were way off! Don't get me wrong it's a great game that plays well and it reminds of me of Call of Duty 3 + Prey + Far Cry all mixed together. It looks pretty damn good for a first gen title but the controls play like a newbie FPS arcade; they may as well have put an auto aim on the damn game! In my opinion it's really fun like GOW and compells you to want to play through the levels but I give it an 8.5 because the graphics and online gameplay/arena don't even come close...at all.

On a positive side I downloaded the racing game, MotoStorm and it looks sweet! The graphics are bad ass, the sound track is killer, the physics and crashes are amazing! This game will definitely be a 9 - 9.5.

PS3 will never catch up because their online service sucks and their browser is way too cumbersome and takes way too long to want to even try surfing the net while sitting on your couch. So why am I keeping it?


  • Because their first gen games look really bad ass and there are more to come; Lair, MotoStorm, Devil May Cry 4, Ninja Gaiden, Heavenly Sword, God of War, Tekken 6, Metal Gear Solid, Killzone and more

  • Top notch Blue Ray player for half the price

  • Backwards Compatibility with PS & PS2 games

  • Free Online Play

  • It's black piano gloss is damn sexy!

Xbox Live is light years ahead of Sony and it's going to take some real muscle and crazy tactics to come back from such a large deficit but I'm sure they would be comfortable with 2nd place when they catch up with the Wii.

3 comments:

Ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ken said...

I understand the BluRay logic, but you're still a sell out. I'm going to hold out for a combo player. Until then if I really want HD, I'll download a movie off XBL.

BYRDMAN 20 said...

What?

It is a combo player!

PS 1, 2, & 3 games + Blue-Ray + Free Online Play = Getty Up!